BODY AND CHASSIS SPECS
1. Any American made metal bodied car or truck –1960 thru the current year. No vans, convertibles, t-tops, 4-wheel drive, or station wagons allowed. Rear wheel drive only.
2. Stock chassis and stock snout cars are allowed. A sub-frame connector may be used to tie the uni-body chassis together. No round tube chassis, it must be a minimum 2” X 2” or larger main chassis rails. No off-set chassis or roll cages, they must be centered. Refer to Safety Rule #5 for any questions on off-set. See Rule #9 below for weight penalty if off-set.
3. Must maintain a minimum 104” wheelbase.
4. You may run stock or aftermarket bodies. Body components must be made of magnetic steel or aluminum, unless otherwise stated. A fiberglass or composite hood is allowed. If you run an aftermarket or fabricated Late Model style body, it must conform to UMP DIRTCAR specs.
5. Boxed in interiors are permitted. May run an encased driver’s compartment. You may run an aftermarket replacement floor pan and firewalls in the stock location. The front firewall must have all openings covered in case of fire or fluid leak in the engine compartment. The rear firewall must be covered with sheet metal or aluminum to separate the driver’s compartment from the fuel cell area. You may gut the inner trunk.
6. Must have the make of car and the required weight on the hood or front fenders.
7. Windshield is optional, if removed, you must have five protective bars on the driver’s side. They must be between 4” and 5” intervals. They must be magnetic steel. No front side door windows allowed. You may fill in rear side openings, if applicable.
8. Rear bumper bars must not extend past the center line of the tires and must be capped and sharp edges grounded off. You may use an aftermarket front nosepiece. It must match the make of car. No open rear ends. An 8” minimum solid filler panel is required. It must be perpendicular with the ground and stationary. No opening at the top and a ½” maximum opening on the sides of the panel.
9. Cars must weigh 3000 pounds minimum with the driver after the race. If the chassis rails are off-set add 25 pounds. If the roll cage is off-set add 25 pounds.
10. Maximum C. I. is 365.
11. The #1 plug must be in-line or in front of the lower ball joint. You may run solid motor mounts, but they must be stock size. No lowering of the engine.
12. Zero decking allowed on the block. No Bowtie blocks allowed. Must be a factory production steel block.
13. Must be a stock stroke crankshaft. Can use any rods. Crankshaft and rods may be stock or aftermarket. Chevrolet must have a 3.480 stroke. Any clutch and flywheel.
14. Any flat top piston. No dome top pistons.
15. Any stock production head, no porting or polishing. Factory production Vortec heads allowed. No angle plug heads on GM cars. May angle mill the heads, must be with-in three degrees of factory stock. No cutting inside the valve pocket. May match port the intake runners ½” maximum.
The following is a list of acceptable equal stock replacement cylinder heads :
(may use an alternate part # if equal specs, this must be discussed with tech officials before the driver’s meeting for verification)(no alterations to the aftermarket heads)
General Motors : Dart # 10321111P —- or —- World Products Sportsman II # 011250-1
Ford : Dart # 13301111 —- or —- World Products Windsor Sr # 053040-1
Ford Racing Sportsman #M-6049-N-351
Chrysler : W-2 cast-iron —- or —- Magnum Port Swirl cast-iron
16. May cut the spring pocket for bigger valve springs. Maximum valve sizes are 2.020 intake and 1.600 exhaust.
17. Any high-lift cam, may be hydraulic or solid. No mushroom lifters. Roller rocker arms permitted. Roller cams are not permitted. Rocker studs may be pinned or screw-in type with push rod guide plates and stud girdles. May use poly locks or stock nuts.
18. No dry sump oil system, wet sump only. May relocate the oil filter and run an oil cooler.
19. Any intake, but can’t be ported or polished. No spacer allowed between the head and the intake. May angle mill the intake to match the heads. No dual gasket on the intake.
20. Any two-barrel bowl type Holley carburetor. Maximum 1” spacer/adapter allowed to fit the carburetor to the intake.
21. Mechanical fuel pump only.
22. Battery type ignition only. No dual point distributor. No magnetos. May run an aftermarket ignition system. Must have an operable starter in working condition.
23. Any headers or exhaust manifold permitted. Exhaust must exit the rear of the manifold.Track approved mufflers must be used.
24. No test parts or Corvette parts of any kind, unless otherwise specified.
25. May use the sealed GM 604 crate engine with any two-barrel bowl type Holley carburetor.
26. Transmission and differential may be stock manufactured OEM production or aftermarket. The transmission must have a minimum two forward gears and one reverse, plus neutral position. Bert or Brinn allowed. You may weld the rear end gears or run a spool, but no other aftermarket devices. You may run a Ford 9” floater or GN style 10 bolt rear end. Must be steel housing and tubes. No quick change rear ends. All cars must have a scatter shield and/or approved bell housing.
27. You may run rear disc brakes. You may run aftermarket pedal assemblies, proportioning valves and right front shut-off.
28. You may use the stock steering box or rack and pinion steering.
29. The steering shaft may be a collapsible shaft. Aftermarket steering wheel and quick release are permitted.
30. The stock lower A-frames may not be cut or modified, except for stronger ball joints and suspension bushings. You may run aftermarket upper A-frames and mounts. May run aftermarket spindles and rotors. Wide 5 hubs permitted. May use aftermarket tie-rods.
31. Screw jacks, wedge bolts, shims, or adjuster cups permitted on the front or rear coil springs, springs must be a minimum 4.5” in diameter. Front and rear coil springs must bolt in the original position.
32. May relocate the front shocks. No adjustable shocks on the front or rear. No coil over shocks of any kind, this includes eliminators. One shock per corner maximum.
33. Adjustable shackles, lowering blocks, or sliders permitted. Stock type OEM multi-leaf style springs must be magnetic steel. Both sides must be mounted at the same height. Stock snout cars must run multi-leaf style spring in the rear. No link type suspension system.
34. No adding of additional suspension devises. No other adjustments allowed : this includes Reece bar, lift bar, 5th arm, shock on top of rear-end, or J-bar.
35. Any 10” wide X 15” steel wheel maximum. Bead lock rims permitted. Safety beads required on all wheels. One inch lug nuts recommended.
36. Racing fuel or pump gas only. No alcohol or additives.
37. If it is not mentioned in the rules, it must be factory stock.
38. Cars will be inspected for tech and safety items prior to competition. Track official has the final approval.
39. Any other provisions will be dealt with through weight penalties, at tracks discretion.
40. Tires: American Racer SD44, SD48, MD53, or MD56.
Hoosier 1300, 1350, 1450, or 1600. May also use Hoosier Specs D11, D21, D28, or D55
Right rear must be a SD48, 1350, D21 or harder at all times.
Tire rule will become effective April 6, 2013.